Thursday, February 8, 2018

Instant Pot Chicken Gyro

Another instant pot win!  At first I was concerned by the amount of spices in this once.  But I have heard pressure cooking reduces the flavors of some dishes?  I don’t know it works that’s all that matters here!  This one is super easy.  Dump all your ingredients in and if you super pressed for time get your toppings from the salad bar and then there is no chopping.  I had no Greek seasoning on hand and do I made my own from a recipe I found onlbought me and it worked perfectly.

Chicken gyro in the Instant Pot


Ingredients 
2 lbs of boneless skinless chicken breast
2 tablespoons of olive oil
juice of 1 lemon
2 garlic cloves
2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon of ground oregano
2 tablespoons of dill weed
2 tablespoons of Greek seasoning

1/2 cup of Greek Yogurt

1/2 cup chicken stock
1/2 of a red onion, chopped
Dump all of your ingredients into your Instant Pot.  You can add these ingredients in no particular order.  close your Instant Pot and cook on high pressure or on the meat setting for 30 minutes.  Do a quick release. Remove the lid and the chicken should fall apart once you stir it with a fork.  You want to keep the chicken in the juices it cooked in.   Place chicken on pita bread or naan.  top with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
I topped with lettuce, tomato, feta cheese, tatziki sauce (recipe below), kalamata olives, red onion and cucumbers.
Tzatziki sauce 
1 cup of plain Greek yogurt
1 tablespoon of dill weed
1 small English cucumber, chopped
1 teaspoon onion powder
pinch of salt and pepper
1/2  teaspoon of lemon juice
Mix all your ingredients and voila.  Let set in fridge for a little while to soften spices. 







No comments:

Post a Comment