Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Instant Pot Korean Short Ribs

I decided to jump on the band wagon and join the Instant Pot crazE a few weeks ago. since I have made several recipes and each one has been a giant success. I will slowly be adding them as time permits. I’m a huge Chinese fan, so when I found this recipe I was hoping it was as good as it sounded! I hope you enjoy it too.

Servings 6-8
Prep Time 10 minutes

4-4.5 pounds beef short ribs cut in 4"- 6" lengths (usually this is already done by the butcher)
1 cup bone broth
1/3 cup real fermented soy sauce
1/3 cup honey
1/3 cup toasted sesame oil
 1/4 cup fresh ginger, freshly grated or minced
10 cloves garlic minced
 2 teaspoons Chinese five spice powder
2 tbsp cold water
2 tbsp corn starch
Steamed rice

Add all ingredients to liner pot. Put on and lock lid into place. Press “Stew/Meat” option has n your instant pot. The IP will automatically set itself for 35 minutes on high pressure. Make sure steam valve is closed. The Instant Pot will automatically switch over to warm when the cooking time has elapsed. Let it rest and allow it to release the pressure on its own slowly. (Natural release) After 20 minutes release the remaining pressure and open your instant pot. Remove ribs skin most of the fat off.  Turn you IP to sauté.  Add cornstarch and water together and mix thoroughly.  Add to IP to thicken sauce. Once thickened turn off IP and fill bowls with rice.  Top with ribs ( I removed bones and fat) and pour sauce over top.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment